my creative space: drypoint etching workshop

This week I was lucky enough to attend another drypoint etching workshop with Rochelle Summmerfield, the same one I did last month. I was so happy to get the opportunity to redo my little rain cloud design as I wasn't 100% happy with how they turned out. I re-etched my rain cloud design at home and then off I went to the workshop to do some printing... too  much fun!

dry point etching - rain cloud
:: dry point etching - redo drypoint etching of rain cloud

I did two prints on archival paper. I am so thrilled with how these dry point etchings turned out! I'm not sure which one I like best... the first one is a lot more defined, with cleaner lines, where as the second one, I deliberately left more ink on it to make it look a bit grungier!  I like them both... hmmm which one to frame???

rain cloud light - paynes grey ink (26x26cm)
:: rain cloud - light - paynes grey ink (26x26cm)

rain cloud dark - paynes grey ink (26x26cm)
:: rain cloud - dark - paynes grey ink (26x26cm)

I also made another knitted bunny for little friend's birthday and I couldn't help myself, I had to make a little skirt too! I do enjoy making these funny knitted animals :)

Knitted little bunny + skirt
:: a sweet little knitted bunny in a skirt

Hope you are having a great creative week!
There are loads more creative people over at our creative spaces...

7 comments:

  1. love them! think i like the first one the best!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love them both. Hmm, decisions. Frame them both and give one as a gift, maybe? They're both awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very cool etchings, and what a great little bunny!

    ReplyDelete
  4. i love the one with a bit of grunge!! seems to go with the territory :)
    thanks so much for your comment xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello Lamina,
    this was just forwarded from Lyn in Grafton as I am doing a workshop up here on the 12th May. so glad you enjoyed the workshops and i think the first one is richer in ink, and clearer in image...glad you are well and enjoying your creativity and family... all the best, rochelle

    ReplyDelete
  6. If you want to make your home really look really beautiful , paintings are the best way to do it believe home looks very well decorated . If you are looking to find Oil Paintings Reproductions at very economical price or cheap rates, you must visit wahooart.com

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting... I love comments :)